Design research, content modeling, IA, interaction design, persona development
Wearer of many hats. My roles include business development, project planning, design research, content modeling, IA, prototyping.
- World Information Architecture Day
- Hyde Jackson Square Main Street
Consulting UX design and develop websites for small businesses and non-profits
- content strategy
- information architecture
- interaction design
- UX audits
- site building (Drupal, Webflow)
- Define UX strategy, navigation, and information architecture for digital channels
- Develop deliverables including site maps, user flows, and wireframes
- Conduct content inventories and content audits as needed
- Conduct content strategy workshops focusing on content/data modeling
- Design, plan and develop enterprise taxonomies/controlled vocabularies
Clients: DaVita, TrendMicro, AAA, Symantec, Veritas, Medtronic, Cedars-Sinai
- Responsible for the planning, developing, and execution of moderated and unmoderated usability tests for SymptomFind
- Advising product strategy on key design decisions, drafting strategic product roadmap
- Work closely with software engineers and content team to design an editorial experience that is flexible and scalable to their needs.
- Plan, design and build a working prototype of the taxonomy creation and management feature within Drupal; draft taxonomy governance policies and map Schema.org content
Brands include: SymptomFind
Working on a better user experience for couponmountain.com, investopedia.com, and symptomfind.com via card sorting, user testing, stakeholder interviews.
- Conduct UX audit
- Benchmark navigation for Investopedia and Symptomfind
Brands include: SymptomFind, Investopedia, CouponMountain
- Developed and optimized design strategy on My Disney Experience Mobile (iOS, Android)
- Experience concepting on the next generation of experiences for DisneyWorld
- Site strategy and structure, information architecture on Disneycruiseline.com (2008)
- Interaction design, information architecture on the first Disneyworld.com online dining reservation system (2007/8)
Activities and Societies: American Society for Information Society & Technology (ASIS&T), Special Libraries Association (SLA), Student Governing BoardChair, September 2006-May 2007, American Society for Information Science and Technology Student Chapter at UCLA.Organized chapter programming including technology workshop series in creating and designing websites with XHTML and CSS, Tips and Tricks with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Coordinated two major collaboration events with five other student groups.
Webmaster, September 2005-October 2006,American Society for Information Science and Technology Student Chapter at UCLA.Redesigned website, including content development, visual and graphic design, user experience and menu taxonomy.
Webmaster, September 2005-September 2006, Student Governing Board at UCLA. Redesigned website in alignment with group mission and vision
Political Science major with emphasis in comparative politics, Geography minor with interest in geographic information systems (GIS)